Sunday, September 9, 2012

No More Brittle Hair and Split Ends







Dry hair causes brittle hair and split ends. Dehydration of the hair can be set off from excessive heat and not properly moisturizing your ends. No matter what style you choose it will not appear attractive if it’s too dry and damaged. Hair breakage will occur and your hair loses its appeal. Applying heavy grease to the hair may add shine and moisture but it will weigh it down and it won’t be bouncy.

Using the right hair care product will not only give you the hair you deserve but it will add value to you hairs elasticity. And even so, not using a hair care product will do the same. I know you are wondering what I am talking about. I’m talking about oils, not just hair oils but oils that can be used in a variety of ways contributing to your health. I know you’ve heard of Olive Oil, right? Who hasn’t?

Whenever my hair is dry I use Luster’s Pink oil Moisturizer and Olive oil after styling my hair. This omega fatty rich oil gives hair life and shine without weighing it down. It is full of antioxidants which are good for strength, youthfulness and beauty on the inside and out. Olive oil has been castoff in my family for over 15 years. At first when I saw my mother using it I thought she was silly. I’d only known this particular type of oil for cooking not for skin care and hair.

As I got older of course I had experimented with a lot of hair care items to see which was perfect for my hair type. And believe me having thick and course hair is not easy to maintain. Sure, it’s stronger and easy to hold hair styles, however it was a pain to comb especially when it was time for a perm. I was reading the Ebony magazine one day and there was a topic that caught my eye. The topic was about stars revealing their beauty secrets. Tamara, the twin from the TV show called Sister, Sister said that “olive oil does wonders for her skin.”



Without hesitation I decided to try it out. I applied it to my hair and I have to admit I liked what I had seen. It instantly made my hair feel soft and smooth. It gave my hair a beautiful light shine and I was feeling it. Then I tried it on my skin and at first I didn’t see a difference, so I gave it more time. After a week or so I noticed that my skin didn’t dry out as quickly as it usually did before I started using the olive oil. My skin became softer and it appeared well nourished. I use it all the time, but you have to apply a small amount at a time because too much will soak through your clothing leading to staining and the odor of the oil.

According to Daily Glow.com “Olive oil is used for brief scalp massages to increase the blood flow that will then relieve brittle and dry hair.” It can be used as a leave in conditioner to promote hair growth in areas where balding and thinning is a problem. It reduces frizz, adds shine and aids in the treatment of split ends. http://www.dailyglow.com/reverse-brittle-dry-hair-with-natural-oils.html

Other essential oils are great for skin and hair such as coconut, jojoba and argan oil. The difference between the argan, jojoba and olive oil is that you can’t cook with the argan and jojoba oil like you would with olive oil. These oils are perfect for reversing hair damage. Argan oil is an excellent regimen for hair and skin.  You simply can’t go wrong with either.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to find this very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content.argan oil

    ReplyDelete